What are the best ways to take care of bruised ribs, (or muscle around the ribs)?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Rest

Rest, warm compresses to area, deep breathing exercises to prevent pneumonia from occurring.
Topical herbal poultices can be helpful for pain and speeding recovery. I get good results with recovazon topical gel. Check my website for details www.Medac4u.Com.

In brief: Rest

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine

In brief: Options

Several options, but nothing is required other than time.
Resting from high intensity exercises and definitely avoiding contact activity is suggested. Some people find that wrapping their rib cage in an age wrap or light compression garment provides additional support and comfort. You may try ice and/or heat, as well as nsaids for the discomfort.

In brief: Options

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine