What are the best ways to take care of bruised ribs, (or muscle around the ribs)?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Rest
Rest, warm compresses to area, deep breathing exercises to prevent pneumonia from occurring.
Topical herbal poultices can be helpful for pain and speeding recovery. I get good results with recovazon topical gel. Check my website for details www.Medac4u.Com.

In brief: Rest
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine
In brief: Options
Several options, but nothing is required other than time.
Resting from high intensity exercises and definitely avoiding contact activity is suggested. Some people find that wrapping their rib cage in an age wrap or light compression garment provides additional support and comfort. You may try ice and/or heat, as well as nsaids for the discomfort.

In brief: Options
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine