Can anyone give me a list of don't do's after chiari 1 decomposition surgery 6 mon ago or does it depend on surgeon?As heavy lifting, riding breaking horses, motorcycle riding, flying, high altitudes, jet skiing snow skiing, mountain climbing or do you ju

Dr. Horacio Capote

In brief: Talk to Your Surgeon

I wouldn't take it lightly because the consequences can be serious.
In general, it depends on how successful the procedure was, how you've healed, etc. Only your surgeon can tell you after examining you.

In brief: Talk to Your Surgeon

Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Exercise smartly

Healing after such surgery is complete within a few weeks.
However, some support structures in your neck and back of the skull have been removed. You should be careful concerning abrupt trauma to neck or head. Regular exercise and activities such as lifting should be fine. Contact sports and high risk sports should be avoided.

In brief: Exercise smartly

Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine