I have a deep muscle bruise in my calf. What is the best treatment to relieve pain and stiffness?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Muscle bruise Rx
Heat and gentle stretching exercises.
When you are pain free, you can start strengthening and slowly return to you normal sports activities. Also otc ibuprophen or Naproxen - assuing you can safely take nsaids.

In brief: Muscle bruise Rx
Heat and gentle stretching exercises.
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: And ...
Tho' your bruise has healed by now, next time you have physical trauma like that try some arnica.
It is a homeopathic remedy that works quite well for injured or overworked muscles. It can be taken orally and also in a cream or ointment rubbed over injured areas several times a day. There are no contraindications or known drug interactions.

In brief: And ...
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine