How is gabapentin for burning in legs, feet etc caused by back pain from spinal lumbar stenosis? And is yes, is it worth the side effects?

Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry

Gabapentin is a very good drug with minimal side effects, especially at the lower doses.
It is used for neuropathy, chronic pain and fibromyalgia, etc... I would proceed with your doctors advice and try the medication.

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: It can help.

Not all medications work for everyone, and also you don't necessarily get side effects, side effects are a possibility.
When making a decision on a treatment one is confronted with a "risk-reward ratio" - how bad is the pain and is it worth the risk of a side effect is your question. I think in this case, you go for the medication.

In brief: It can help.

In brief: It can

Be used. There can be side effects.
The risks are something you can discuss with your dr.

In brief: It can

Be used. There can be side effects.
Dr. Vikram Patel