My knee is swelling and giving out and getting random bruises. What does it all mean?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Could be many

It would depend on you overall state of health, medications you may be taking and undiagnosed problems.
The knee may have arthritis, ligamentous damage, cartilage damage, infection (doubtful) and other issues. Sounds serious enough to me that you should be seen by pcp or orthopedist and have a good evaluation that may require x-rays and lab studies and of course a thorough physical exam of knee.

In brief: Could be many

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Knee swelling

This may be signs of internal damage to your knee.
This requires medical attention to determine the cause and offer you the proper treatment.

In brief: Knee swelling

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine