How can I avoid knee replacement?

Exercise stay thin. There are no medicines or nutritional suppliments that proven to stop arthritis, but keeping weight down and exercising cand delay arthritis symptoms.
Avoid further damage. Many conditions conspire to cause damage to the cartilage lining of the knee joint. Avoiding impact injury by activity modification can help slow progression osteoarthritis. Weight loss, and smoking cessation are also recommended. Correction of angular deformities is quite useful, by use of a brace or surgical. Arthroscopy has been shown to be of limited use for this purpose.
Avoid TKA. Genetics are beyond our control for developing arthritis. But weight control, light exercise, flexibility, swim, walk, bike, good shoe wear, nsaids, laser/modalities, glucosamine with chondroitin, omega3, cortisone injections, viscosupplementation can all help with the symptoms.
Lose weight. Lose weight if you are overweight. Each additional pound adds 4-6 lb of stress pressure on the knee. Gentle exercise will strengthen support muscles without hurting the joints.
Avoid injury, B thin. Avoid major impacts from falls or contact sports if possible. Direct impacts can cause cartilage breakdown many years later. Meniscus tears disrupt the protective mechanism of the knee and can accelerate cartilage breakdown and arthritis. Stay appropriate in weight. Each pound on you body transfers 4-6 pounds of force across your knee. If you have arthritis thats bad, consider partial knee 1st.
Cartilage replacemen. It is possible to replace the meniscus cartilage and perform a stem cell paste graft for many patients who have been told they need a knee replacement. This is called a biologic knee replacement.