What does thinning of the cartilage in my knee mean for my health?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Early Osteoarthosis
Thinning cartilage is a x-ray finding for early oa.
It is a warning that your knee is starting to wear out and it means that you may have to make some lifestyle changes. If you are overweight, you should lose weight. You may need to modify your activity, for example, void high impact sports. If you exercise, you may have to modify your program to decrease stress and strain on your knees.

In brief: Early Osteoarthosis
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Roger Palutsis
Sports Medicine
In brief: Behave yourself
At the age of 29, thinning of your cartiage is unusual.
This is usually seen on an MRI that can see the thickness of the articular cartilage. I would suggest avoiding running excercisies including jogging. Also, nutritional supports like osteobiflex and glucosamine supplements would be benefiical. Perhaps viscoelastic injections such as synvist will also help. Avoid surgery if possible.

In brief: Behave yourself
Dr. Roger Palutsis
Dr. Roger Palutsis
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine