How long can a minor cartilage tear in my knee take to heal?

Dr. Howard Luks
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends...
The definition of mild is very subjective.
... Many tears or injuries to the meniscus or cartilage disk in the knee will not cause severe symptoms for more than a few weeks. The tears may or may not heal.. But even if the tear does not heal, it may not hurt! we do not treat MRI findings, we treat patients... Therefore your surgeon should guide treatment recommendations based on your symptoms.

In brief: Depends...
Dr. Howard Luks
Dr. Howard Luks
In brief: Depends
A minor cartilage injury may have resolution of symptoms in 4-6 weeks of physical therapy.
Bigger tears my require surgery to alleviate symptoms.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Marybeth Crane
Dr. Marybeth Crane
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine