Any seasonal allergy kids medicine that doesn't make them drowsy? My 6 year old has really bad allergies

In brief: Claritin/Allegra

Claritin (loratadine) (loritidine) and Allegra (fexofenadine) are two, once daily antihistamines that are readily available, non-sedating anti-histamines approved for use in kids.
Both are well tolerated.Some kids do better with one than the other.

In brief: Claritin/Allegra

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Chinse herbs

I have found a product that works well for allergies.
It is a chinese concentrate called a.I.R (look on www.Franzcenter.Com under herbaceuticals for more info), Claritin (loratadine) and zyrtec are the main medications. Homeopathic hydrastis and euphrasia can also help. Eliminate dairy from the diet and consider decreasing wheat as well. See an allergist for testing if you have not already.

In brief: Chinse herbs

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Zyrtec is somewhat sedating to kids & usually given at night to minimize that effect.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine