What things can make a post hip replacement patient more comfortable?

Pain control. I guess pain control with strong analgesics and cushions of all kinds. If still in bed bars or something to pull while moving in bed ( ask physical therapists). What part of the odyns uncomfortable? Talk to the surgeon in charge.
Understanding. There is always pain with hip replacements. However, pain management can help with pain. Even more importantly, i find the more patients understand about what is going on and what is expected, the better patients feel overall.