Could successful joint replacement be done on the small finger?

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Not commonly done
These are not commonly performed because the history of finger joints has not be so good.
They dont last long and they loosen out of the bone and the tendons pull the fingers off to the side over time. Probably not the choice most orthopaedic surgeons would choose for themselves except in a few circumstances. Fusion of a painful arthritic finger joint is probably the better option.

In brief: Not commonly done
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Stephen Daquino
Sports Medicine
In brief: Yes and no
Finger joint replacements do exist, but in my experience they don't work all that well.
Hopefully an orthopedic surgeon will chime in with a 1st hand opinion.

In brief: Yes and no
Dr. Stephen Daquino
Dr. Stephen Daquino
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine