What is the typical recuperation time for a dislocated shoulder?

2-3 months. For first time simple shoulder dislocations after 2-3 months you can return to regular activities however further dislocations may occur. Also people over 40 with a first time dislocation need an MRI to make sure they don't have a rotator cuff tear. If there is pain feelings of a loose shoulder or multiple dislocations, then arthroscopic surgery may be needed.
4-6 weeks. But you should get an MRI to make sure your rotator cuff has not torn and to understand the extent of the ligament damage.