Can inguinal hernia get larger?

YES. A hernia is an organ (usually bowel) that is not on its usual anatomical location. The majority of the time, this is from a weakness in muscles that help it stay there. As muscles continue to weaken & there is continued pressure the hernia can get larger. Risks are: advanced age, obesity, heavy lifting, even chronic cough or straining to urinate since there is an increase intrabdomen pressure.
Yes. It is quite common for inguinal hernias to enlarge in time. Aggravating factors include excessive lifting/straining &obesity. While not all hernias require repair, if a hernia is getting larger & causing symptoms, elective repair is advised.
Yes. Get evaluated. If the weakening of the abdominal wall allowing the hernia to bulge worsens, the hernia can get larger. The bulge is caused by small intestine that has slid into the bulging hernia sac. A hernia repair is indicated if there is significant bother, pain, or increased risk of incarceration (where the intestine is stuck), or strangulation (the intestine loses blood flow and becomes non-viable).
Yes . Enlargement of a hernia is very common, and usually occurs on a timeframe of months to years. A consultation with a general surgeon may help give you more info. Hope this helps!