What are some options for someone who has degenerative arthritis in the neck and back?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Mechanical tx
Arthritis in the neck and back is a mechanical problem and is to be treated mechanically.
I favor physical therapy, massage, maybe even chiropractor manipulations if those areas are stable, osteopathic procedures. Medications may only mitigate symptoms, but confer no benefit as far as disease modification. Steroid injections may work for some. Tens unit/iontophoresis are other pt modalities.

In brief: Mechanical tx
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Many
There are many options.
My favorites are physical therapy, yoga, some medications and education. Sometimes education about the condition and learning that everyone who is past the age of 40 has some degree of degeneration in their spine can help with the overall management of the this extremely common syndrome. We encourage our patients to get moving, slowly at first but to gradually increase.

In brief: Many
There are many options.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Adam Smith