What drug can I take to alleviate the pain of carpal tunnel syndrome?

Pain nerve. Nerve pain can come from compression, thus starting with otc meds such as nsaids ( Motrin alleve etc) is worthwhile. Some severe carpal tunnel presents with refractory nerve pain and there is whole class of medications that treat nerve specific pain , but these do not treat the carpal tunnel swelling only the nerve pain symptoms corticosteroid injections can work but in severe cases not fully.
NSAIDs. Carpal tunnel syndromoe is inflammation of the median nerve as it passes through the front of your wrist. Typically its caused by over use, so the mainstay of treatment is rest, avoiding activity that aggravates it, use of a night splint, and nsaids (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). If it continues to bother you then carpal tunnel release to decompress the nerve may be indicated.