I have a really sharp pain in my left ear and going up into my head! it's really painful and more than just ear ache, it's more like a sharp pain and throbbing/surges. I also have a really sore throat! any ideas? Xx

Dr. Andy Chung
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Sinusitis

Pain in the face and eye with radiation in association with a sore throat are likely infectious in nature.
Other symptoms of sinusitis include discolored nasal discharge, nasal congestion, upper dental pain, sinus pressure and fevers. I would suggest seeing your doctor for an exam and treatment recommendations.

In brief: Sinusitis

Dr. Andy Chung
Dr. Andy Chung
Dr. Vikram Patel