I m 21 and I have an underbite I had my braces since february of this year how long is it gonna take to correct my underbite my teeth are straight .?

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Ask orthodontist

Without seeing your precise case, no one on this site is really, truthfully going to be able to address your question.
The person that will, however, is your orthodontist. Ask them during your next appointment.

In brief: Ask orthodontist

Dr. S. jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Ask orthodontist

It all depends upon the nature of the underbite and the severity.
As adults, true, severe skeletal discrepancies are usually dealt with by either extractions of teeth to hide or camouflage and/or orthognathic surgery. The only way to accurately determine the answer to your questions is by asking your licensed orthodontic specialist.

In brief: Ask orthodontist

Dr. David Stall
Dentistry

In brief: Ask the orthodontist

It is very difficult to answer this question.
Everyone has different problems that take a different time to correct.

In brief: Ask the orthodontist

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Ask Orthodontist

First, i hope you are seeing an orthodontic specialist for your rx.
Ask the orthodontist for a treatment time table. Expect 2+ years 'till braces come off, followed by retainers (an absolute must). You may also require extractions and/or jaw surgery to help fix your problem. Again, ask the orthodontist for a better explanation of your personalized treatment plan.

In brief: Ask Orthodontist

Dr. Phillip Frist
Dentistry

In brief: Not yet

It's ready when your orthodontist says they are ready and not before.
Also don't quit wearing your retainers, unless you want to watch them slowly move back.

In brief: Not yet

Dr. Shontae Buffington