I went to a small get together the other day and when I got there I started feeling light headed like I was going to pass out? Could this be anxiety?

Dr. Peter Forster

In brief: It could be

There are many reasons for feeling light headed.
You could have been dehydrated, or you might have had a medication, or alcohol, that can cause those feelings. And of course there are unlikely but still possible medical reasons. However given that you are asking this question i think that the most likely explanation is that you were anxious, you were hyperventilating, and that caused dizziness.

In brief: It could be

In brief: Uncertain

Good info from Dr. Forster. Panic attacks often
last 2 to 10 mins.
Possible sx’s: severe anxiety/panic, chest tightness/pain, rapid or pounding heartbeat, areas of numbness or pins & needles type sensation, hot flashes or chills & ^ perspiration. There may be tickle sensation in stomach or nausea, feeling dizzy or faint & physical shaking. The person may fear that they are going crazy.

In brief: Uncertain

last 2 to 10 mins.