A lump appeared on my left wrist.It seems like a vein which is very swollen and sort of round.It pains when pressed and my arm is a little numb?

Dr. Peter Glusker
Neurology

In brief: Painful lump

I suggest you see your family doctor. There a re a number of possibilities, including both benign and malignant tumors.
See your doctor, or a local clinic where you live, or an emergency room doctor who can evaluate it and refer you to an appropriate doctor.

In brief: Painful lump

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Ganglion

What you are describing sounds like a ganglion rather than a vein.
Ganglions are cysts that form in joints usually at the wrist. See a durgeion or hand surgeon for an evaluation.

In brief: Ganglion

Dr. Eric Weisman