I have two torn ligaments in my ankle (mri) I have been immobilized for 8 weeks and my ankle doesn't seem to be improving, is surgery the next step?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Possibly

However, if you are still immobilized you haven't given yourself a fair appraisal of the siutation.
Once you start to place your ankle thru range of motion and undergo physical therapy if you still feel the same way then that decision should be made.

In brief: Possibly

In brief: I

Would have to consider surgical intervention.

In brief: I

Dr. Richard Jay
Podiatry

In brief: PT First then Surger

Are they certain that no tendons are partially torn.
Ligamentous injuries can last up to three months with discomfort. Pt should be addressed and if pain still continues and no tendons are ruptured, then a ligament repair procedure can be considered....Anterior talo -fib ligament procedure.

In brief: PT First then Surger

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine