I had my first child at 37 weeks is it possible to make the second one at 37 weeks? I am 37 weeks pregnant now and already lost mucus plug.

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: ASK YOUR OB!!!!

You are not suppoose to induce or encourage labor at 37 weeks unless something is wrong because while that is considered term, the lungs are not always mature at 37 weeks, if you go into labor your self or your water breaks that is fine, if you want to stimulate contractions you should wait at least another week and call your OB for recs, i tell my pts certain things but you need to ask your ob.

In brief: ASK YOUR OB!!!!

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Shontae Buffington