I got my IUD taken out august 13 2012 had intercourse with my husband that day and the next few days after got horrible cramps on the 18th of august and a very heavy flow of blood with a lot of clumps in it and then it lasted about 5 days my periods usual

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Here are some...

Is it sure no answer has been provided for a 2012 event, or you just wanted to have a retrospective confirmation? By the described scenario, what happened after IUD removal could be expected, but endometrial healing and its physiological resurface should be completed in one month.
If recurrent vaginal bleeding persists > 2 months or worsens, seek evaluation and counseling.

In brief: Here are some...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Jane Van Dis