How long could a bone marrow biopsy be sore?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Just a few days

This may cause some soreness at the site and bruising, swelling and tenderness.
Usually this will resolve in a couple of day. One could understand up to a week depending on health conditions, any difficulty with the procedure and any other risk factors. If you are concerned, get it checked out. Infection would be my biggest concern, then a large hematoma would be my next one. Use ice packs!

In brief: Just a few days

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Bone marrow biopsy

I have performed numerous bone marrow biopsies of the calcaneus and the soreness lasts approximately 3 to 4 weeks.

In brief: Bone marrow biopsy

Dr. Thomman Kuruvilla
Dr. Thomman Kuruvilla
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine