I have HSV 1. If I perform oral sex on a woman and she becomes infected and then we have intercourse can I then get genital herpes?

No. Hsv 1 is generally considered to be the oral herpes, but as you note it can be transmitted to the genitals of your partner via oral sex. You can not infect yourself with your own herpes virus - and it can not be transmitted back to you from your partner. While your immune system is not able to rid you of the herpes virus, it is quite competent to prevent spread of the virus with-in your body.