My doctor says that my stage 2 &4 osteochondritis dissecans which was successfully treated with fragmetnt fixation is clinically healed. Am I cured?

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: For now

Time will tell if this piece stays stable and healthy.
There is always potential that it could be a problem in the future. Depending on how smooth the transitions are from the fragment to the surrounding cartilage, there may or may not be future degenerative changes that occur.

In brief: For now

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md

In brief: Hopefully yes...

Hopefully, one's problems will successfully heal after surgical internal fixation of the fragment(s).
In real life, there is not a 100% success rate. One can ask his orthopedic surgeon about how often the fixation cures the problem. One website estimates 80-95% success rates.

In brief: Hopefully yes...

Dr. Jack Hinkle