What are some effective home treatments for an urinary tract infection?

UTI. One of the best things you can do is increase your fluid intake. That will keep urine from becoming to stationary/static and decrease the chance of getting a uti. However if you have one, antibiotics are the best treatment. Options like cranberry juice can help, but they cannot usually kill the bacteria.
Antibiotics + drink+. Home treatment is to take prescription antibiotics at home. Also drink large volumes (10 glasses per day) and urinate every hour or two. Wear cotton underwear, shower and never use bubble-bath. Avoid or treat constipation.