I think I have a urinary tract infection, is it okay to wait for my gyn/ob appointment in 3 days?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Yes unless

The symptoms are severe.
You can always call their office and get a urine sample and prescription on the phone and use the scheduled visit for f/u. This is much wiser especially if you are not otherwise healthy.

In brief: Yes unless

The symptoms are severe.
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Why wait, get tested

Perhaps you can drop of a sterile urine collection for analysis and culture at your gyn's or primary care's office or directly to lab.
This way treatment can start 3 days earlier. Will be even more appealing if you have significant pain or discomfort.

In brief: Why wait, get tested

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine