My mother died from breast cancer and now her sister has it. I'm takin HRT but hear it promotes some cancers. Am I a high risk and is HRT increasing the risk?

I would say yes. Just the fact that your mother had breast cancer puts you at risk. Hrt could potentially increase that risk. Hope this helps.
Maybe. First yes, by family history you have a statistically higher risk of breast cancer with two first degree relatives affected by the condition. Second yes, some hormone replacement medications also can increase your risks of breast cancer. See your doctor who prescribed you the medication to review your risks. Consider genetic testing for brca gene. Be sure to have yearly physical exam & mammograms.