For the last 2 months I've been having heart palpitations. I do drink a 5 hour energy shot each day, and drink a lot of soda. I am very worried about it?

Dr. Gavin Noble
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: And hydrate

I agree with the comments about caffeine.
Additionally, dehydration can be involved, drink plenty of water. If the problem persists, see your doctor.

In brief: And hydrate

Dr. Gavin Noble
Dr. Gavin Noble
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Stop it

Caffeine is a well known cause of arrhythmias (irregular heart beat).
You seem to be pointing out to your problem already, so the next most logical step would be to gradually cut caffeine down. If you smoke, make all the effort to quit, as nicotine is know to excite your heartbeat. If any drugs are involved, you need to quit. Otherwise, you might need an ecg, rule out anemia, thyroid disease, etc.

In brief: Stop it

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Peter Kurzweil