When pressure is applied to my left temple area, the top, left portion of head/scalp from the temple to the back of my head feels like someone is pulling my hair. If I stop applying pressue to my temple it goes away with slight residual tingling I notic

Dr. David Teicheira
Pain Management

In brief: Pressure on nerve

You are stimulating a nerve like the greater auricular.It's like hitting your funny bone (ulnar nerve) in the elbow.
For whatever reason this nerve is more sensitive in you than other nerves.My educated guess is that you run the slight risk of developing a permanent pain syndrome if you keep it up.

In brief: Pressure on nerve

Dr. Steven Seres