What type of doctor do I need to see for interstitial cystitits?

Primary & Urologist. A person with bladder symptoms usually sees her primary care doctor to begin the evaluation. An ob-gyn doctor can rule out problems of the female genital tract. A urologist can further evaluate the bladder and help confirm the diagnosis of interstitial cystitis. For a man, he would not need an ob-gyn but instead would go straight from the primary care doctor to the urologist.
Urologist. In general, urologists or uro-gynecologists diagnose and treat interstitial cysyitis.