I have just been told I have a 8cm fibroid on the outside of my womb, it is pressing on my bladder. What are my chooes for treatment. Thank you.?

Dr. Adam Newman

In brief: A few

Surgery - either remove just the fibroid or hysterectomy.
Embolization - blocks the blood vessels to the uterus to shrink it. Waiting for menopause since most fibroids get a bit smaller after menopause. Good luck.

In brief: A few

Dr. Adam Newman
Dr. Adam Newman
Dr. Caren Reaves
If you do decide hysterectomy is the best option for you, be sure to visit with a doctor skilled in minimally invasive surgery such as vaginal, laparoscopic, or robotically assisted surgery. Even with an 8 cm fibroid, there should not be a reason you need to have an open hysterectomy. Good luck with your decision!!
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Removal

Of fibroid, hysterectomy, medications less effective, stop caffiene, try kegels.
Embolization also possible.

In brief: Removal

Embolization also possible.
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Adam Levy