Is it possible for young adults get analgesic nephropathy?

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
Any individual whether young or old who consumes too much nsaids like alleve or advil can damage their kidneys.
If you are taking several pills daily to deal with pain issues for a long period of time, then you are at great risk for analgesic nephropathy. Would try tylenol (acetaminophen) or minimize your NSAID use to control your pain.

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Ron Jones
It is possible for anyone to get analgesic nephropathy.
Most commonly from the prescriptive and otc non-steroidal anti-inflammatoy agents (ibuprofen, naproxysyn, etc). In my opinion under-diagnosed or under-recognized. Also in my opinion this class of drugs should have never been allowed to go otc. They are dangerous.

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Vikram Patel