I've had IgA nephropathy, are there methods to self-medicate, and is this disease serious or really incurable?

Fishoil, fishoil. So far no other options to self medicate. It is usually incurable. Some people do better spontaneously or with fishoil. Others do worse and may need dialysis in the future and/or transplant. People tend to ignore f/u since there is no proven treatment. F/u will save you bad surprises also new treatments may develop.Blood pressure is ideal. Aggressive salt restriction under 2000mg/day if high bp.
IgA Nephropathy. Not recommended to try self-medicating for this disease. Have you discussed treatment options and long term outlook with your nephrologist? That would be my initial recommendation.