I have a runny nose with yellow mucus is this a infection or a virus sore nose and throat too treatments?

Probably a virus. Almost all nasal infections that lead to yellow mucus begin as viral infections. If you've only been sick for a day or two it is most certainly a virus at this point and should improve over the next week. If after 7 to 10 days you're no better or worse then the possibility of bacterial superinfection becomes greater. At that point antibiotics may be needed. For now hydration, tylenol (acetaminophen) and rest.