What exactly is trench nephritis?

In brief: Obsolete

"Trench Nephritis" is an obsolete term for glomerulonephritis.
.It goes back to World War I when a lot of soldiers developed it. There are different types of nephritis (inflammation of microscopic anatomical portions of the kidney called the glomeruli). There are different types of nephritis but hen the term is used without specifying,they usually are referring to glomerulonephritis.Hope this answe

In brief: Obsolete

Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Leila Hashemi
WOW, I did not know this, I learn new things everyday from you Dr. Michael.
Dr. Jared Fialkow
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Trench Nephritis

An epidemic of nephritis occurred among soldiers in world war i, predominantly those in the trenches.
Characterized by the sudden onset of albuminuria, hypertension, edema, and dyspnea, atypical features such as bronchitis, an evanescent course, low early mortality, and frequent relapses distinguished it from poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis.

In brief: Trench Nephritis

Dr. Jared Fialkow
Dr. Jared Fialkow