What procedures should I follow after my kidney transplant?

Ask your txp center. Beginning even before the txp, patients are given advice about diet, activity, follow-up care, medications etc. But it is hard to remember these complicated guidelines. Most important is to call your transplant coordinator with questions, and to ask at your follow-up appointments. To avoid forgetting, write them down! and always keep an up-to-date list of medications with you.
Post-transplant F/U. Transplant recipients need to have close monitoring by their transplant team. It usually involves getting blood test to monitor the kidney function and blood level of anti-rejection medication (e.g. tacrolimus, cyclosporine). Most transplant programs will place a ureteral stent during the transplant surgery which is removed by cystoscopy 4-6 wks after the transplant.
Good hygeine. There is increased risk of infections and malignancies post transplant due to anti rejection medications, so avoid overcrowded places, practice frequent hand washing. Check your skin and underarm areas on regular basis to spot any suspicious lesions or growth and if so notify your nephrologist at the earliest.