How long should I expect to take anti-rejection medications after my kidney transplant?

Forever. If you stop the immunosuppression medicine your kidney will stop working.
Lifetime medication. You will need to take anti-rejection medications for life, or at least the life of the transplant. The dosages will be reduced some from the initial dosage but you will need meds to prevent rejection. The risk of rejection never goes away.
Lifelong. You will need to take your anti-rejection medications as long as the kidney continues to function.