Can sleep apnea cause placental abruption? If so is there anywhere can I find more information online regarding this?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: No current evidence

There is no current data about this matter. Until recently, sleep apnea was believed to be very rare in women of child bearing age.

In brief: No current evidence

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Indirectly----yes

Sleep apnea is a sign of poor health and so is placental abruption.
Sleep apnea is, in my experience, evidence of vitamin deficiency in the brainstem where the control mechanisms for automatic breathing exist.Pa is often associated with premature rupture of membranes. All of this is not just mechanical: it is related to your overall health obtained through pristine diet.

In brief: Indirectly----yes

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham