Sometimes I get these painful headaches on the side of my head, right by my eyes. They last about a minute and then they go away. Sometimes dizziness?

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: See a Doctor

May be temporal arteritis which can cause blindness.
A blood test helps to diagnose. May need to do a simple biopsy of the the temporal artery. Treatment is usually oral steroids. Don't put off seeing a dr. May just be a more common type of headache which is not so serious.

In brief: See a Doctor

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Cluster headaches

A type of migraine that is far more common in men.
They are difficult to stop, but prevention is often possible using anti-seizure medicinea such as tegretol. See your family doctor or a neurologist.

In brief: Cluster headaches

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Eric Weisman