My doc said that only ultrasound blasting & no other medications can really get rid of kidney stones, is this true?

Probably. Kidney stones if small may pas spontaneously, but if large need to broken up by ultrasound [lithotrypsy] sotnes cannot usually be dissolved by medications.
Yes...and no. There are several different ways to get rid of stones. Eswl, or blasting, is one method. Endoscopy and laser lithotripsy is another, as is percutaneous nephrolithotomy (going thru the back to remove the stone). Choice of method usually depends on location and size of the stone. Uric acid stones can be dissolved, as well as some infection (struvite) stones, but this needs to be monitored.
?size + composition. Most kidney stones consist of calcium salts. Small ones <6mm usually pass on their own. Some smallish stones can be broken up by ureteroscopic laser lithotripsy. Electro-shockwave lithotripsy is ideal for stones up to 1.5cm. Larger and "staghorn" calculi usually require percutaneous nephroscopic lithotripsy. Involves placing tube thru back into kidney and removing by laser or mechanically.