I am a 42 yr old male, will going on peritoneal dialysis because of kidney failure affect my sex drive?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Probably
Unfortunately people with kidney failure almost universally complain of decreased sex drive and problems with erections.
This is not as much due to dialysis, but the renal failure itself. Be open and honest with your doctor so they can help you through this. If they cannot, see a urologist or family medicine specialists who is used to helping people with this.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Linda Gromko
The more frequent dialysis you have, the less your sex life will be impacted. Remember that healthy kidneys work 24 hours a day, seven days a week!. Not just 3 sessions per week, as with in-center dialysis. You may want to investigate peritoneal dialysis or daily home hemodialysis (done about 5 days per week). Check out the wonderful book, "Help! I Need Dialysis" by Schatell and Agar. Good luck! LGromko MD
Dr. Andrew Doe
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: Depends
It will depend more on how effective dialysis is.
If you are regimented, and have good catheter function, you should be near baseline.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Andrew Doe
Dr. Andrew Doe
Dr. Jane Van Dis