Why is a urinary tract infection that started together with a vagina yeast infection treated with antibiotics? Isn't it fungal infection?

?two separate issues. A vaginal yeast infection can certainly irritate the area & that irritation can lead to a secondary invasion by germs that commonly hang around the genitals. The short distance between the pee outlet & the bladder makes women susceptible to invasion from the outside.Both the yeast & the germ would need separate rx. The best way to confirm a germ is involved is with a urine culture prior to rx.