What are my options to treat kidney failure?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Dialysis/ transplant

Dialysis is in-center i.
e. Hemodialysis (blood dialysis) dialysis at home usually peritoneal via abdominal catheter transplant (living-related, cadaveric, or living-unrelated) or a combination of all the above in sequence.

In brief: Dialysis/ transplant

Dialysis is in-center i.
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Fred McCurdy
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Kidney failure

It all depends on the condition, the stage of renal insufficiency, and other medical conditions that coexist.
If a person is at what is termed end-stage renal failure, then dialysis is the best option - either peritoneal or hemo depending on a whole bunch of factors.

In brief: Kidney failure

Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Fred McCurdy
Dr. Jack Rubin

In brief: Renal failure option

Apart from hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, renal transplantation is an option for patients with end stage renal disease.

In brief: Renal failure option

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Fred McCurdy
I agree and should have put transplant as an option also...my oversight
Dr. Steven Seres