What do certain psychiatrists think about opiate therapy in the use of chronic depression and severe anxiety? I'm talking about severe cases like mine

Depression treatment. Among the possible treatments currently available as well researched opiates are not an option for depression treatment.Actually opiates can cause depression symptoms.The only consideration for opiate use can be some one in severe pain that is leading to depressed moods.It would be best to have a psychiayrist evaluate the current situation and help manage the tteatment.
See below. If a patient has pain opioids are certainly appropriate. They will not treat the depression, but will help the pain which may in a round about way help some depression. In many patients pain/insomnia/depression all exist, and each needs to be treated.
Pain and anxiety. Suboxone and other opioids are known to improve anxiety and mood but are not good choices to treat these conditions. They act on on the endogenous opioids that control many physiological functions and exogenous opioids can have effects on all important transmitter systems (cholinergic, gabaergic, dopaminergic and serotonergic. More research is needed especially on compounds acting on the mu recept.
Opiates not correct. Though not my area of expertise, it seems that use of opiate medication is contraindicated for these disorders. They act in a way that may make things worse, and have many down side sequelae, especially for chronic use. I defer to my psychiatric colleagues to weigh in, as their opinion hold far more gravitas than my own. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.
Turn it around. All medications may be used when used properly. Imagine that you have chronic back pain from bulging disks pinching nerves going down your leg. That could be treated with opiates in a depressed patient on zoloft and abilify (aripiprazole). I would not hesitate to treat it in the other direction either. Depressed patients need Percocet when they have their wisdom teeth taken out, just like everybody else, right?