Can a baby have a small retinal hemorrhage and small bleed in the frontal lobe if the point of impact after fall from couch was the eyes and forehead?

Dr. Jerry Casale

A baby might get both a ret hemm a small red mark will go away , if there is a frontal lobe bleed there will be symptoms , in fact anywhere can be a bleed that's why u call a dr and they will tell u what to look for ie vomiting irritability lethargy etc in my practice I am amazed at se falls that babies take and are fine, that fontanelle sure helps them but any fall u think is bad just call ur dr.

In brief: Doubt it

A kid should never get this type of injury with a fall as described.
I would order total body x-rays looking for any evidence of other trauma, possibly old.At the very least,Child and Family Services would be contacted for a full family evaluation. Even loving parents,baby sitters, etc. can lose it and a baby suffer.

In brief: Doubt it

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Fall fibdings

A fall from a couch would most likely not cause a frontal lobe and retinal hemorrhage.
I would be suspicious of a more significant injury such as shaking. This child needs to see a pediatric ophthalmologist asap.

In brief: Fall fibdings

Dr. Cindy Juster