For 2 1/2 weeks had sinusitis and bronchitis. Finished z pack. Saw pcp wed and was told my lungs were clear. Still bringing up mucous, though clear. Today chest feels tight and I have mild pain in heart area when taking deep breath. I do have mild asthma.

Dr. Joseph Bouvier

In brief: Hard to say

If wheezing and short of breath - maybe, but you should be seen by your doctor for another evaluation asap.
Btw, z-pack is great for bronchitis but worthless for sinusitis however, since 98% of all sinusitis is viral related, it probably makes no difference for your recovery time.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Still infected

Your sinus infection probably was not completely cleared with the zithromax.
Zithromax is a good drug but not a "great" drug for treating sinusitis. Most likely you were partially treated and still have inflammation in your sinuses which in turn is triggering your asthma. A longer course of the medication like Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) possibly combined with a short course of low-dose Prednisone would be potentially great benefit to you. I would strongly suggest you discuss this with your primary care doctor or that you seek a consultation with an ENT doctor.

In brief: Still infected

Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

Adults do not just develop asthma.
This most likely is residual respiratory inflammation from your bronchitis . If this does not resolve over the weekend contact your physician as you may need additional antibiotics.

In brief: No

Adults do not just develop asthma.
Dr. Arnon Rubin