What does diabetic neuropathy in the feet and toes feel like? Does taking prescription metanx help? . Been type-1 for 30+ years

Bad. Diabetic neuropathy in feet and toes, usual symptoms include burning, tingling, numbness, and pain. One or a combination of the symptoms may occur. I have had mixed results with metanx which is mainly a Folic Acid on steroids which aids nerve health.
Variable symptoms. Typical is numbness, tingling, coldness, or burning, and variation of pain. Foot weakness may be present. If you take metformin, might check for b-12 deficiency, in addition. Metanx is fda approved and has been shown to improve nerve fibre density and reduce symptoms, but could take 6-12 months, and best to take twice daily.
Most common. Symptoms are burning, sharp pains pins and needles =, numbness, tingling, cold or hot. Worse at night. Mentanx is good medication for diabetic neuropathy.
Metanx may help. Depending on the affected nerves, symptoms of diabetic neuropathy can range from a numbness and tingling sensation, possibly a burning sensation, to an uncomfortable painful sensation of the extremities. Get evaluated by a professional to determine the exact cause of the neuropathy in order to get the appropriate treatment.
See a Podiatrist. Typically patients complain of burning pain in feet and toes. Some patients present with no feeling at all. I recommend you find a local podiatrist who has experience caring for diabetics.