My doctor just ran a chest xray and it showed an ectactic aorta. She ordered a CT scan. The same thing 2 years ago, and the CT was negative. I feel awful. My chest and back hurt. My chest burns, I can barely go from room to room without getting winded..

Dr. Jagdish Mishra
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Unlikely correlation

Your symptoms are concnerning but might have nothing to so with the ecstatic aorta.
Please have more tests like echo, stress test for the heart and possibly GI evaluation if symptoms persist. Best of luck.

In brief: Unlikely correlation

Dr. Jagdish Mishra
Dr. Jagdish Mishra
Dr. Amy Levine
Radiology

In brief: Not the cause

As our vessels (aorta) age, the elastic tissue is replaced with a more fibrous tissue.
This causes the vessel to lengthen. However, since you don't get any taller, the aorta gets "curvy" which is what is meant by ectatic. It's normal aging.

In brief: Not the cause

Dr. Amy Levine
Dr. Amy Levine
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham