I have a friend who thinks she has a yeast infection from birth control is that possible and does it smell usually how do get rid of the smell?

Yes . Especially certain women + certain bcp can get increased yeast indections. If certain (culture or otc test is yeast) get one of the many otc yeast infectiond creams or vaginal tablets. Diabetics are especially prone to yeast infection problems!
Yeast doesn't smell. Yeast infections usually don't have an odor with them. You could have a vaginal infection that requires treatment. Please see your provider for evaluation.